Card not available
Date (s) – 03/11/2021 – 04/11/2021
10:00 am – 5:30 pm
For more information, please contact:
Vassilia Dimitrakou, Senior Advisor of the Academy
Hellas Maritime Academy
Phone. : + 30 210 4100200
E-mail: [email protected]
The pandemic and other factors have disrupted traditional ship management practices. In the area of technical ship management, we explore how the pandemic has affected ship traffic, the supply of spare parts, technical services, crew morale and other factors. We are also exploring a variety of tools and techniques that can be used to mitigate the effects of disturbance.
The objective of the course is to respond effectively to the challenges that currently affect the technical management of ships. In addition, participants will understand the scope and practices of the remote surveys followed by DNV.
Through interaction and activities, participants will be encouraged to develop the strategy that best suits their needs and operational profile.
- Overview of the technical functions of ship managers likely to be affected by the pandemic.
- Identification of risks, disruptions and opportunities to meet these challenges
- “Superintendent’s inspections” alternatives
- Remote statutory and class surveys
- Practical activities and case examples
Important information for the success of the course:
- This course will be conducted online, therefore an internet connection is required.
- Participants are required to communicate and interact verbally, visually and in writing throughout the training course, as the interaction between the trainer and participants is important to the success of the course.
- A camera, microphone or headphones connected during the course always improves the quality of the training.
Registration deadline: 25 october