By Chen Cheng-hui / Staff Reporter
Global shipments of iPhone 14 series smartphones are expected to reach 85 million units by the end of the year after Apple Inc launches its next-generation models later this year, Yuanta Securities Investment Consulting Co said. (元大投顧) in a note yesterday. .
Shipments from Apple’s top iPhone assemblers – Hon Hai Precision Industry Co (鴻海精密), Pegatron Corp (和碩) and Luxshare Precision Industry Co (立訊精密) – are expected to reach 22 million units by end of the quarter and add another 63 million units next quarter, Yuanta said.
Hon Hai is also known as Foxconn Technology Group (富士康科技集團) in the global market.
Despite Apple’s lack of order cuts so far, the forecast of 85 million units is below a consensus market forecast of 90-92 million units, given the global economic slowdown and the price hike, Yuanta said.
Apple is expected to launch four new iPhone 14 series models: iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, with Hon Hai being the sole assembler of iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max , Yuanta said.
Pegatron would be the primary assembler of the iPhone 14 Max, while Chinese rival Luxshare would supply the iPhone 14 and 14 Max, he said.
“According to the breakdown of iPhone 14 series orders, high-end models will account for up to 53% of shipments, with Hon Hai being the biggest beneficiary and Pegatron to see larger new model shipments, compared to slow sales. of the iPhone 13 Mini last year,” the note reads.
Rumors swirled that the production of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels for the iPhone 14 series was behind schedule, which would likely slow down the assembly process for the new model.
However, Yuanta said mass production of iPhone 14s series units remains on schedule amid normal panel supply.
“Based on our supply chain checks, OLED panel supply for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max is stable, shipments are unaffected, and the rumor is an error,” the note reads.
Yuanta said LG Display Co is a major panel supplier for the iPhone 14 series, with any potential supply gaps to be filled by Samsung Display Co and BOE Technology Group (京東方).
Separately, Hon Hai said yesterday that operations at its Shenzhen facility were “normal” and that it would follow government guidelines to ensure safe production.
The company’s remark came after the Shenzhen city government asked 100 major companies, including Hon Hai, to implement a “closed-loop” management system for a week, as the technology center of the Southern China reported 21 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections on Sunday, up from 19 a day earlier, Bloomberg reported.
Comments will be moderated. Keep comments relevant to the article. Remarks containing abusive and obscene language, personal attacks of any kind or promotion will be removed and the user banned. The final decision will be at the discretion of The Taipei Times.